Chelmsford Road, Hatfield Heath
In the beautiful and peaceful village of Hatfield Heath, just 6 miles (10 km) from Stansted Airport, this family-run hotel has its own leisure centre with a heated indoor pool. The Hunters Meet hotel has a convenient location, overlooking historic Hatfield Heath, a thriving village on the Hertfordshire / Essex border. The M11 motorway and the town of Bishop's Stortford are within easy reach. Central London is just 30 minutes by train from Bishop's Stortford Railway Station. Guests can use the fully equipped leisure centre free of charge. There is a heated indoor swimming pool, a spa area, a sauna, a steam room and a fully equipped gym. A range of relaxing and therapeutic spa treatments are also available, at an additional cost. The restaurant serves delicious home-cooked food and there is also an attractive garden in which guests can relax. Free on-site parking is available for guests and free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas. -
- One of the best hotels I have stayed in the UK. Food is very good, rates are just ok.
- good food. nice swimming pool. The owners were very friendly. this is the 3rd time of staying at Hunters Meet.. ideal for meeting family in Bishops Stortford .
- The staff was extremely friendly, I think they go above and beyond for the return business. They had me checked into my room much earlier than I should have been, nice big breakfast next day. Rooms were alright.... everything clean and tidy and nice and spacious. Seems there is no rush for guests to leave the property after being checked out.
- Location was spot on , bed and room clean and comfy and very good value for money. Breakfast was really nice (buffett) sausges and bacon super tasty.
- Room, view, sport grounds, garden, friendly people, all was good
- The 1st room was nice and the 2nd room even nicer
- If you do have any issues, Brendon and his staff are quick to respond and to make your stay as happy as possible. I had an issue with the bath tap and within 10mins I was relocated with help and a complimentary drink. They treat you like family ! Great location with pool and lovely garden. Good quality English breakfast, I am keen to return.
- Excellent full English breakfast. Somewhat limited choices for more Continental style.
- Warm welcome by friendly staff. A replacement sink plug was brought immediately when problem was identified. Our daughter’s family room was excellent - - spacious and good value.
- Friendly, good all round service , dinner was good.
- Lovely hotel great location and great staff
- The location was perfect for the airport and nicely rural. the pool and jacuzzi were fun. the staff very pleasant
- Lovely friendly hotel with engaging staff. Good food. Good value for money.
- Very convenient for Down Hall.....only 1.5 miles , along a straight road so was easy to find.
- The staff were fabulous they went over and above nothing was too much, they were all very friendly. The manager/owner even opened the pool up for my grandson as it closed before we checked in and he had been looking forward to going in it. The room was spotless and had everything we needed. Would definitely recommend staying here.
- The friendly and accomedating service provided by the staff and owner gave our stay a real home away from home feel. Lovely people. Spa was lovely and the wonderful stay was topped off by the most relaxing and rejuvenating massage ever!
- We arrived in time for a session of gym and a swim, sauna and steam which was lovely after such a long drive from the North West and day at the hospital. Nothing was too much trouble. It isn't the bland typical stop over hotel (eg Travellodge/Premier Inn) but was in a quiet location and the meal at night was really good. Didn't get up in time for breakfast but from our meal at night I would suggest big portions and good food would be my feedback! Reasonable prices and a decent range to choose from.
Herts and Essex Community Hospital
Birchanger Green Services M11
Bishop's Stortford Golf Club
Bishop's Stortford College
Ash Valley Golf Club
Stansted Airport Railway Station
The Arthur Findlay College Of Psychic Science
Stansted Mountfitchet Station
London Stansted Airport
London City Airport
London Luton Airport
In the beautiful and peaceful village of Hatfield Heath, just 6.2 mi from Stansted Airport, this family-run hotel has its own leisure center with a heated indoor pool. The Hunters Meet hotel has a convenient location, overlooking historic Hatfield Heath, a thriving village on the Hertfordshire / Essex border. The M11 motorway and the town of Bishop’s Stortford are within easy reach. Central London is just 30 minutes by train from Bishop’s Stortford Railway Station. The restaurant serves delicious home-cooked food using locally sourced produce and there is also an attractive bar area and garden in which guests can relax. Free on-site parking is available for guests and free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Guests can use the fully equipped leisure center free of charge. There is a sauna, a steam room and a range of relaxing and therapeutic Spa Treatments and Pamper Days are also available, at an additional cost. Advance booking is advisable.