The White House
Smiths Green, Takeley, Stansted
- Wonderful stay, delicious breakfast and friendly owners. Classic old house dating from 16 00's. Loved it.
- Great size room and shower. Really relaxed environment.
- The breakfast was excellent. John and Marie were very accommodating.
- Lovely communal bathroom with large bath
- Brilliant hosts in a beautiful property & superb rooms. Breakfast on the lawn was lovely, couldn't ask for a better place to stay, just a shame we didn't get to visit the pub.
- Nice stay, with serviceminded hostesses.
- Perfect location to the airport, Linda the host was so friendly and welcoming, breakfast was awesome, everything was perfect and would certainly recommend to others.
- Very friendly, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast
- Very cosy, rooms comfortable and well presented, Linda the owner was very accommodating regarding my breakfast and its located near to Stansted .
- The facility and the couple that won it were delightful. An excellent nights stay and would recommend it to anyone
- Amazing breakfast, lovely property and such friendly hosts. Thank you!
- Only issue I had was actually finding the place. On a Satnav it takes you to the road just past it. Make sure you look out for the sign (easier said then done when its pitch black!)
- Very helpful staff - beyond call of duty.
- Lovely quirky high quality room - in a beautiful old House. Although room on the road it was fairly quiet - those who are super sensitive may want to bring ear plugs - but I am and I didn't find it a problem at all. Very luxury feel and very warm.
- Quiet place for. Relaxing and good customer service
- Helpful staff, clean and comfortable room. Easy access for Stansted airport. Tea, coffee and biscuits available in room.
- Big room, comfortable beds, contemporary wash facilities; tea/coffee making; welcoming and helpful landlady/landlord; free parking; pleasant garden
- Mike and Linda’s hospitality was absolutely perfect. We arrived around 7pm and needed to have some dinner so Linda gave us a lift down to the pub/restaurant that they own a mile down the road then one of the members of staff brought us home. Excellent service, beautiful room, just wish we were there in the daylight to see the grounds of which looked like a beautiful property.
- The welcome, the comfort, the extra touches, the tea and coffee making facilities, the style of the property, the bath.
Stansted Airport Railway Station
The Arthur Findlay College Of Psychic Science
Birchanger Green Services M11
Bishop's Stortford Golf Club
Stansted Mountfitchet Castle
Stansted Mountfitchet Station
Herts and Essex Community Hospital
Bishop's Stortford College
Ash Valley Golf Club
Takeley News Shop Supermarket
The Lion & Lamb Pub/Restaurant Restaurant
The Lion & Lamb Pub/Restaurant Cafe/Bar
London Stansted Airport
London City Airport
Audley End House
This 15th-century, historically listed manor house is set in an acre of beautiful gardens. It is less than 2 miles from Stansted Airport, and offers free Wi-Fi and free private parking on site. Rooms at The White House are simply furnished, and have a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Rooms all have picturesque views, a work desk, and a bathroom with a hairdryer. A buffet breakfast is provided each morning for those who have early departures, and a full cooked breakfast is also served. Food is made from high-quality local ingredients. Evening meals are available at the nearby pub, just a mile away. The center of Bishop's Stortford is a 15-minute drive from The White House. The Imperial War Museum at Duxford is a 25-minute drive from the building.