The Cottage Guest House
71, Birchanger Lane
The Cottage Guest house is a 17th-century building in a quiet village 4 miles (6.4 km) from Stansted Airport, close to the M11 and 2 miles (3.2 km) from Bishop Stortford. The Grade II listed building has free Wi-Fi internet and reception rooms with a log-burning stove. Off-site parking is available. An award-winning pub is a 10-minute walk away from Cottage Guest House, while Cambridge and London are about 25 miles (40.2 km) away. -
- Great bed, great shower, lovely ambience throughout.
- The orner was very kind and helpful. The House and graden Werge besutiful.
- Very friendly and helpful I was also given a free upgrade (not requested)
- there were far too few tea bags: really stingy. And no hot chocolate. Needless, footling economies
- Immaculate family run bed and breakfast, absolutely beautiful home , lovely peaceful grounds in a quiet village, 5 minutes drive to the local town
- Great hosts, perfect breakfast. Would recommend!
- Beautiful location with a nice little pub down the road, sadly I only stayed one night but I will be returning again
- Very good breakfast, and extremely helpful hosts - definitely no trouble was too much for them.
- Quiet and peaceful with a good breakfast
- Great room and great breakfast will use again
- Fantastic location in a lovely spot so convenient for the airport.
- Very comfortable and clean. Staff were lovely. The garden beautiful. Had a wonderful breakfast. Very comfortable,warm and friendly stayWould definitely go there again.
- The owners were lovely and very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble...The breakfast (full English ) was tasty and sevice was very attentive...Bed was very comfy and slept well...The Cottage is lovely, like stepping back in time in the old part of yhe building and the gardens are lovely...Such a peacful and tranquil feel...Thank you for a lovely stay xxx
- FURNISHINGS AND LOCATION VERY QUITE AND COMFY
- The owners were lovely, the guest house was really cosy and immaculately clean and my bed was one of the comfiest beds I’ve ever slept in, my stay was just lovely.
- Very pleasant and friendly owner, a comfortable bed and a big room. Very clean.
- What a little gem of a guest house. I got the 510 bus from Stansted and it took 15 mins to get here. Birchanger Village is a very cute place so close to that airport. (I had never heard of it till I booked this!) Check in is only between 1630-2130 which was fine for me but looking at other reviews the time may be restrictive for others. I was met by a lovely lady, given a key, taken to my room and it was all very efficient. There are gorgeous reception rooms with an open fire by the entry. My bedroom was number 11 and was a really decent size and very comfortable. The en-suite bathroom was perfect for my needs. I walked 15 minutes to The Three Willows for dinner which was fantastic. Absolutely recommend! The area is very quiet and you would never know you were so close to the aiport. I had to check out very early so I didn’t get the opportunity to try the breakfast.
Bishop's Stortford Golf Club
Birchanger Green Services M11
Stansted Mountfitchet Station
Stansted Mountfitchet Castle
The Arthur Findlay College Of Psychic Science
Herts and Essex Community Hospital
Bishop's Stortford College
Stansted Airport Railway Station
Ash Valley Golf Club
Birchanger Sports & Social Club Restaurant
The Three Willows Restaurant
H@ME & EAT Cafe/Bar
Tesco Express Supermarket
London Stansted Airport
London Luton Airport
Audley End House
The Cottage Guest house is a charming 17th-century building in a quiet village with free Wi-Fi, just 6 miles from Stansted Airport. Bright and airy bedrooms are traditionally decorated, and each includes a TV. Some rooms boast exposed wooden beams, while all have tea/coffee facilities and a private shower room. The Grade II listed building retains many original features, including reception rooms with a log-burning stove. There are 2 acres of lovely gardens, and free on-site parking. An award-winning pub is 10 minutes’ walk from the guest house. The M11 motorway is just 2 miles away, with historic Cambridge a 30-minute drive away.